How to remove acrylics without using acetone: Acrylic nails transform your hands into something smoking hot, glamorous and divine. They can also be a great substitute when you get tired of your natural nails and just feel like ”umpfing” them up. However, they may look beautiful and stunning, but you should still know that in time they will fade away and loose their beauty. Regrowth of your real natural nails will start ruining your manicure (and that will happen super fast if your natural nails tend to grow often.) Also, the nail polish line will start being visible above the fingertips, and your polish color will fade at the beginning. So, it’s not a shock that you may wish to take them off.
How To Remove Acrylics?
If you want to remove acrylics on your own do it. You may not have time to go to the salon, or you don’t want to pay someone extra just to ruin and to remove your acrylics. You can do it by yourself in a privacy of your house, and you will not be needing a lot of heavy tools at all. When removing acrylics, a lot of women tend to avoid acetone because they claim that it has burned their fingertips off along with the acrylics. Lucky for you, there are some alternatives that you can go for.
How To Remove Acrylics Without Acetone
There are actually three easy ways to remove your acrylic nails without acetone.
#1: Removing Acrylic With Dental Floss
You may be not going to the dentist, but you will be using a lot of dental floss! This acrylic removal method does not require acetone, but involves using a lot of dentist recommended dental floss to pick off the nails. If your nails are still too short this process may be a bit painful for you, so heads up, you’ve been warned.
You might want to ask for someone’s help in this acrylic removing process. Also, you need to have enough of the dental floss to have a long and a full strand for each nail before you start removing them.
- You will be needing a little cuticle stick that will help you to push the acrylics off of your nail. Once it is as lifted as it can be, use a dental floss and slide it underneath and along the entire length of your fake nail. It is fine if you can’t reach all the way with your dental floss, so just wrap it around as far as it goes.
- If you think that you are being too clumsy with it, just ask anyone to help you out. Your friend will use the dental floss back and forth on you, and her or she will move super slowly across the entire nail. Heads up girl, since this process can be really painful, so don’t let your friend go too hard or fast. In case they do, tell them to stop immediately!
- Repeat this process with every nail until you remove all of them. Extra hydration is a must after this process! Apply a hand cream or a nail cream around your skin as well as around your nails and let them breathe for a while.
Beautiful Acrylic Nails to Wear With Pride
#2: Laminated Business Card Can Remove Acrylic Nails
This acrylic removal method is shockingly a lot easier than the first one. First, you need to have a card which is strong enough for this removing process. Luckily nowadays we are stocked with these in our wallets.
- With a help of a cuticle stick you will press the bottom of an acrylic nail. The corner of the card should be used to slide up and down the nails. Move it around and across the entire nail bed.
- Work one side of the nail at a time, and then switch to the other. Repeat the process until all of the acrylics are off. Also, in the end, use a nail buffer and add some moisturizer to give your nails some healthy supplements.
How Short Can Acrylic Nails Be?
#3: File Away the Acrylic Nails
For this acrylic removal process without the use of acetone you’ll be needing:
- Nail clipper
- Buffing tool
- Cuticle stick
- Scissors for cuticles
- Cuticle Cream
Here are the steps:
- Use a strong and a metallic nail clipper to trim the tips of your long acrylics. Cut them as short as they can get with a nail clipper. Use a course file to file the rough edges.
- With a buffing tool file down the acrylic coat which is one of the most persistent ones. Continue filing until there is only a little thin layer left which is overlaying your natural nails. That layer is usually the most noticeable one.
- Again, with a help of a cuticle stick, pull up the edges of acrylics which will be visible on top of your natural nails. Also get some cuticle scissors and place the tip of the scissors on the acrylic nail and start clipping away.
- Buff the nails, and shape your natural nails with a clipper and a file. By now you should be acrylic free. Apply a cuticle cream and moisturizer to restore your skin as well as nails back to shape.
+ + CLICK HERE FOR ALL INFO! + + + Don’t forget to give this video a thumbs up and subscribe if you enjoyed! I didn’t come up with this technique but I thought I’d share it with you guys!
If you want to remove Acrylic nails using Acetone follow this:
In today video I’m showing you how I remove acrylic nails at home using acetone DAMAGE FREE!If you want to see more videos for me hit the subscribe button and like this video 🙂 What you will need: -Acetone -Cotton Balls -Aluminum Foil HAVE YOU SEEN MY LAST VIDEO ?
Shellac Nails: All You Need to Know
Removing acrylic nails without acetone will save your nails. No matter which method you choose just make sure you do it slowly. If you go too fast or hard you might cause pain or bleeding of your nails. But have no fear, and slowly remove your acrylic nails without acetone. In time, you’ll become an expert!