Skin peeling around the nails is a common occurrence in the life of most of the people. A person shouldn’t worry much about this problem because it causes serious health issues very rarely.
But, regarding beautification, it has to be taken into account as a slight disorder hampers the beauty of the nails to a great extent.
One can easily get rid of peeling fingertips skin if he knows what is it, what are the causes, and what are the remedies. You will know all these from the following write-up.
What Is Skin Peeling on Fingertips?
Sometimes, the skin around the nails peels off automatically. This mainly occurs at the tip of the fingernails and around the cuticles.
It looks ugly if the skin around the nails look dry and split.
The actual reason behind skin peeling is still unknown, but there are some probable causes for sure.
7 Effective Ways To Moisturize Your Nails
Usually, fingertips skin peeling is not considered a serious issue. Proper skincare and home remedies are enough to cure it.
But, in some cases, there might be some underlying medical condition which refers to serious illness. The probable non-medical reasons are as follows.
- Dry Skin: Dry skin is prone to peeling. The lack of moisturizer helps the skin peel off. This happens during the winter when the air is less humid containing less moisturizer.
- Exposure to Washing Agents: Frequent exposure to water is also a big reason behind the skin peeling around the nails. Hand sanitizers and other washing materials cause great harm to the skin.
- Bad Habit: Some bad habits are also responsible for skin peeling. Some people, especially, kids have a bad habit of sucking the tip of the nails. Some grown-up has a tendency to cut the nails so close to the skin. And, some also don’t want to wash hands regularly. All these bad habits may cause skin peeling on fingers near nails.
- Using Low-quality Products: Most of the girls like to use complicated nail polish and nail extensions at the fingertips. Make sure you are using high-quality products. Cheap and bad products affect the skin around the nails and help it peel off.
Learn the Facts About Why People Bite Their Nails
Medical Reasons for Skin Peeling
The following medical conditions might also be the reasons for skin peeling around the nails.
- Allergic Reasons: If the patron has allergic problems which cause irritation and itch to the skin, skin peeling may come into play.
- Minerals and Vitamins: Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients for the body. Calcium and iron supply the body with the necessary energy to keep the skin and bone in the right shape. Vitamin B-3 deficiency causes skin peeling and sometimes an overdose of Vitamin A is also responsible for this.
- Skin Diseases: Some people have skin diseases such as exfoliative keratolysis, eczema on fingers, psoriasis etc. In most cases, these chronic skin diseases result in skin peeling on the palms and around the nails.
Home Remedies of Skin Peeling around the Nails
The medicinal treatment is always a painstaking one. And, it’s really hard to diagnose the right underlying cause of a skin disorder.
One can avoid such problems by detecting the foods which cause allergy to him/her.
Thus, he/she can prevent allergic reactions by not eating them. Besides, there are some proven and effective home remedies to fight skin peeling.
They are as follows.
A small amount of pure honey will do good in this regard. Apply it on the affected area.
Honey associated with olive oil will give the best output as a mixture.
Keep the mixture on the affected area for about 10-20 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Learn How Cuticle Oil Helps You to Get Perfect Nails
#2. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is one of the greatest natural healing products that can prevent and cure skin problems.
If anyone drinks aloe vera juices regularly he/she is guaranteed a beautiful skin.
Aloe vera has exceptionally enriched soothing properties which can help any skin condition.
Apply the gel to the affected area and rub it gently on a daily basis.
7 Ways to Take Care Your Cuticles
#3. Warm Water
Warm water is the simplest way to fight any skin disorders. Rinse the hands with lukewarm water every day.
First, soak the hands for about 10-15 minutes. When the peeled skin becomes soft, rub it gently to get rid of any residue.
Using lemon juice will be an added advantage in this process.
Learn How to Take Care of Your Nails At Home
Skin problems of hands are interrelated with the nails and fingers. Skin peeling on fingers ruins the beauty of the hands.
Thus it hampers the overall outlook. That’s why the problems regarding skin should be addressed and solved immediately.