Planning on something eye-catching for the nails? Something out of the ordinary but still glamorous enough to make heads turn? Well, then cat eye nails are the answer to your requirements. Cat eye nail polish typically mirrors the reflective and three-dimensional look of the feline eye.They are the in-thing now and taking the party circuit by storm.
Cat Eye Nails Are Drama with Colors
It is sparkling, with a slash of contrasting color midway, which makes the nail resemble a cat’s eye. Cat eye nails are not for the subdued. These are flashy and glamorous. Let us take a look at 10 designs that use cat eye nail polish.
cat eye gel nails
cat eye red nails
cat eye black nails
cat eye purple nails
cat eye pink nails
#6. The Blue Ocean Cat Eye Nails
For those of you who have gone scuba-diving or even those who have simply peeked under the ocean water, you can relate to the intense blueness of the surroundings.
Another remarkable feature of the deep blue is the number of shimmering shades, blending into each other. That is exactly what the blue ocean cat eye nails are all about. These are the color of ocean blue at its deepest, with a shimmer of light passing through diagonally.
This effect can also be recreated with deep viridian green, wherein the effect would resemble a sunlight-dappled forest. Both designs are incredibly lovely.
#7. The Streak of Yellow
If you really look deep into your cat’s eyes before he/she starts scratching at your curious face, you can detect a shimmer of yellow in the black. A similar pattern can be created with a cat eye nail polish. This usually requires a deep base, preferably purple or black, which using the techniques can be illuminated with a devilish yellow streak.
#8. The Galaxy Nails
The whole wide universe at your fingertips! A cat eye nail polish can be cleverly used to bring about the swirling mix of blue, green, purple and black to create an effect of the vast beyond. These nails are quite difficult to master and consequently. If you can pull them off though, they look smashing.
What is Christmas without the festive cheer? And why should your nails not feel the warmth? Cat eye nails in deep berry-red are gorgeous, especially in the frigid winters. The element of black in the red prevents them from becoming eye-popping. But they match beautifully with the surrounding hollies and the mistletoe.
#10. The Dark Chocolate Nails
Nothing looks as deliciously sinful as dark, chocolate brown nails. You need to be able to carry off these killer cat eye nails with elan, and mod you, it is not everybody’s cup of tea. These nails are rich in texture and detailing, especially the light nutty shimmer right at the center, which so resembles the silkiness of molten dark chocolate.
How To Create Cat Eye Nails
If you are wondering how to create cat eye nails, you need only a special type of cat eye nail polish and a few other things:
- Most popular branded magnet gel polish like Azure Beauty and Born Pretty
- A cat eye magnetic stick
- A UV base coat
- A UV lamp or an LED light source
- A gel polish top coat
Now, The Procedure Starts!
As you pick the tools up, go through these steps
- Prepare the Nails: Use the regular methods to prepare the nails to accept the several layers of polish.
- The Base Coat: Start by applying a layer of the base coat on the nail. Let the layer dry off before you use the next layers. Usually, the base coat is clear or maybe a very light shade, tending towards nude or white. This helps create a strong base for subsequent layers, without mixing with the shade of the actual nail polish.
- The Nail Polish: You need a special type of nail polish called the magnetic nail polish. These nail paints include tiny particles of metals, the positions of which can be manipulated using a magnet. Apply the magnetic nail polish in two to three layers, allowing each layer to dry up under a UV or LED lamp for 30 to 60 seconds, before applying the next. The layer of this nail polish should be thick.
- Using the Magnet: Without letting the last layer of the magnetic nail polish to set, hover the magnetic stick over the nail, in any direction you want. Typically, manicurists wave the stick diagonally, from the left tip of the nail to the right end of the cuticle or vice versa. You can choose your own direction. Some magnetic strips like the ones which come attached to the bottle cap have patterns of their own. To obtain a true cate eye design, however, using diagonal strokes is recommended. Waving the stick close the wet nail causes the tiny metal particles to get attracted to the magnet align themselves along the direction of movement of the stick. Since metal particles are darker, this process creates a textured pattern.
- The Top Coat: Make sure that the last layer of nail polish has dried off completely under the LED or UV lamp. Then, apply a layer of top coat to seal the manicure.
Have a Look at This Visual Portrait of Cat Eye Nail Painting:
Once you learn how to create cat eye nails, it is not so difficult a task. Also, you can play around with shades and effects. Some manicurists also choose a dark base coat-black, for instance before applying the magnetic nail polish, so as to deepen the metallic effect of the colors. One way or another, cat eye nail polish can truly take your manicure to the next level.