Although we usually wear gloves when dyeing our hair at home, there are times when the stain will still remain on our nails afterward. Luckily, there are several ways that you can quickly remove hair dye stains from your nails.
Removing Hair Dye Stains from Your Nails
Whether your nails are natural, acrylic or gel nail extensions, it is equally bothersome when you accidentally get hair dye all over your nails. For natural nails, you can usually remove the stains simply by giving your nails several washes. Depending on how fresh the hair dye stain is, you might or might not need to use other washing and cleaning agents.
- Use gentle washing options such as normal soap and water to get rid of most of the stains and use a small cleaning-use wooden stick to clean up dried dye from underneath your nails.
- Use a pumice-based hand cleaner on the remaining stained areas. Remember to rub the ointment around the cuticles and rinse it off then!
- Alternatively, use a nail polish remover-soaked cotton ball to wipe around your nails until no more color transfer is observed.
- Use rubbing alcohol with this same technique. When you are using rubbing alcohol or any substitute of nail polish remover, it is important that you wash your hands with soap and water afterward. This is so that your skin does not feel too dry.
- Did nothing work? Try rubbing some cigarette ash onto your nails and washing it clean with soap and water. No one really knows why this works, and it is best if this method is used as a last resort.
- Utilize a white nail pencil to disguise the stains If there are any stubborn stains. Simply draw along the underneath of your nails and on nail bed to hide the stains. Do this until the stains go off on their own after more washes.
Watch A Quick Homemade Hack to Remove Nailpolish Stains
Hey everyone! This is a super quick and simple way to remove stains on your nails from dark nail polishes. If you enjoyed this video please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE! What You Need -Water -Baking Soda -Lemon Juice Contact me: [email protected]
Deal with Your Chipped Nail Polish Easily!
How to Remove Hair Dye Stains From Gel Nails?
You can try rubbing a mix of baking soda with dish detergent over your gel nail extensions gently. Alternatively, do try using a non-gel toothpaste, or even petroleum jelly! However, the best way to get rid of these stains is definitely by not getting them in the first place, so you can wear several layers of gloves if your gel nails are sharper in nature. This will ensure that your nails are protected as you use hair dyes.
Removing Hair Dye Stains From Acrylic Nails
The process of removing hair dye stains from acrylic nails are not too different from other nail types. You will find rubbing alcohol somewhat effective most of the time. However, it is also possible that the color has been permanently absorbed into your acrylic nails. In this scenario, you will need to replace your acrylic nails or have it repainted.
Pro Tips: No More Bubbles in Your Nailpolish!
As a gentle reminder, when you are trying to remove hair dye stains from your nails, whatever the type is, there are some things to remember. Nail polish-friendly cleaning agents should be used to protect all types of your nail polish. If you are using acrylic or gel nails, acetone-free agents are important so that your nails do not get dissolved. In some cases, it may be a lot easier to paint your acrylic nails again than by removing the stains.